Designing Domesticity Our Home Projects Food Services Shop About

Raspberry Chocolate Sauce

This year I'm not hosting either of the big holidays - meaning I'll be needing plenty of hostess gifts!

I love to give a homemade gift when possible. This year I wanted to give something canned, seeing as I have just learned this age-old skill, but was hoping for something a bit different than jam. We already have a great jam maker in this family!

Chocolate and Raspberries - YUM!


I scoured the Internet looking for interesting possibilities and when I ran across a recipe for Raspberry Chocolate Sauce on Canning Jars Etc blog, I knew I had found a winner.

This recipe is so easy and really quick. Not to mention, tasty!!!



Add the raspberries, chocolate, lemon juice and pectin to a pot and bring to boil over high heat. Add the sugar, stirring until dissolved. Bring to a rolling boil; boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam, if necessary.


Add the sauce to freshly sterilized jars, apply lids and process in a water bath for 10 minutes. Done!


This Raspberry Chocolate Sauce has a strong raspberry flavor and sweet chocolaty finish. We tried it over vanilla ice cream and it was sinful!

A nice hostess gift and a great alternative to jam!

I'll be bringing you several hostess gift ideas in the run up to the holidays. As well as loads of holiday decorating ideas and tips. 
Photobucket
If you'd like help designing your home, please contact me on designingdomesticity@gmail.com.

Don't forget to check out the new SHOP section on Designing Domesticity!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Ad Wijit